20130328

Nelson, He said only six words.

I never wished the best wishes.
Small                Remembering is easy; reliving is difficult.
freckles   Needles
on my              in
knobby              my 
knees.                    arms
     realizing you'll never weigh           for
            100 pounds.                  hours.

Keys under my fingers like friends.

Arm, hammer, nail                                         HAMMERING
knife bullet noose.                                          FALSE
                                                                     DELUSIONS
                                                                     INTO
                                                                     MY
                                                                     HEAD.

            Fireplaces that smell like Christmas eve.
Hi, I'm
Awful-                                Just lie here 
Who are you?                     and whisper small. 
I wish I could be embarrassed.                                    


2 comments:

  1. Arm, hammer, nail
    knife bullet noose.

    i love this one. and that you have them crossed out.
    very good 6 word memoir's.

    Fireplaces that smell like Christmas eve.

    that is one of my fondest thoughts of Christmas.
    well done Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Fireplaces that smell like Christmas Eve" You make me want to live in your six-word memoirs. How in the hell?

    ReplyDelete