20130228

My own baby polar bear

I'm in a frenzied state of isolation with no hope of escape. My drowsy eyes stare at the alarm clock that has been wrenching me out of bed since I was eight. The 'Snooze' on the snooze button is worn away and I can't even remember the last time I didn't push it.
I keep having dreams about polar bears and big dogs. All I want is for them to love me and cuddle with me and lazily dream next to me while I write. But I can never catch them. Sometimes the polar bear follows me around and lets me love it for a moment, before it disappears. 
Does this demonstrate my need for an emotionally stable lifestyle with more trusting relationships?
Or relationships at all? Maybe.

NEVER 
DREAMED
WOULD
NEED 
LOVE 
MORE 
THAN 
MY 
OWN
IDENTITY

But here I am, and the truth is that I did dream. Not of needing love but of needing that stupid polar bear.

2 comments:

  1. "All I want is for them to love me and cuddle with me and lazily dream next to me while I write."

    I really REALLY love this post. A lot.
    I get this. I adore your descriptions and overall style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ALWAYS have this dream I have a pet lion like Aslan and he's fluffy and we cuddle. Anyways...I like this. "I never dreamed I would need love more than my own identity."

    ReplyDelete