20130204

Happy-ness

They say you can never be happy if you never live in the present. Every "What if" and "If only" resonates with regrets and things left ungratefully in the corner. They say, "Money can't buy happiness." Money can't buy the treasure of joy that somehow the earth has misplaced. But, you can buy serotonin pills. To be continually wishing for gain and another pound to be lost wastes precious moments that you can't relive.

But, Isn't it worth it?
Isn't that one moment of achievement, that one purchase you have been saving up for, that one bite of elegance and wealth worth an inch of happiness?

And Here I have compiled a growing list of things that will
OBVIOUSLY
INEVITABLY
INESCAPABLY

UNAVOIDABLY

would make me giggle with joy and allow me to feel like my life is worth living once gained, if only for a moment.

1. Nutella. Nix that. A lifetime supply of Nutella.

2. A boyfriend.

3. A genie in a bottle.

4. A Not-World-Class High School.

5. Vacation homes in every European country. And Australia.

6. Money to buy everything at Anthropologie.

7. The entire Anthropologie collection.

8. Einstein's brain and FDR's social skills.

9. World Peace.

10. A 1970s Mustang convertible that did not break down.*

11. The ability to play the violin.

12. A boyfriend...who would bring me Nutella.

13. A leather half-case for my camera.

14. To be busy, but not stressed.

15. A private jet (? Maybe public. I couldn't meet anyone new on a private jet.)

16. Free 24-hour shipping on all my online purchases.

17. *the ability to parallel park comes with this convertible

18. Dance parties every night

19. An unlimited iTunes gift card. Ehhh, actually just iTunes.

20. An iPhone 5 An iPhone 6

21. Nutella and gummy bears

22. For Ridley's to be Kohler's again

Considering that this was a relatively short list, I've decided to spare you any more lusting and save you from sin by ceasing my wishing. But these little lusts (Some less than little) would undeniably make me happy and would most likely make you happy. Maybe not eternally happy, but for now...
for now...
for now...

He said we could write about whatever we wanted...I chose Nutella. Judge if you will.

{Nutella} tempts me.

Alice.

5 comments:

  1. I like this list a lot... :) I might copy this idea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. you broke the rule. never combine fruity with chocolate. but besides that I like/love/ your words/thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "to feel like life is worth living once gained"- I think I read that wrong as if life was the thing you were trying to gain and I really like that.
    I really like this list and 1, 11, and 22.

    ReplyDelete